Things to Do and Places to Visit in and around St. Thomas and the US Virgin Islands
St.Thomas U.S.V.I. and surrounding areas activities
Click on links below to view to view more information on how to get around St.Thomas and surrounding Caribbean Islands.
Visit the St.Thomas This Week Magazine website for great info on St.Thomas and surrounding areas.
- Passenger ferries from St. Thomas to St. John depart from Red Hook (on the east side of St. Thomas) and Charlotte Amalie.
- Cruz Bay to Red Hook, St. Thomas: Every hour on the hour: 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Charlotte Amalie to Cruz Bay, St. John: 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 5:30 pm
- Red Hook to Cruz Bay, St. John: 6:30 am and 7:30 am, then every hour 8:00 am to midnight
- Cruz Bay to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas: 7:15 am, 9:15 am, 11:15 am, 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:45 pm
- Ferries to and from Red Hook and Cruz Bay take around 20 minutes.
- Ferries to and from Charlotte Amalie and Cruz Bay take approximately 45 minutes.
- Frequent car ferries are also available between Red Hook and Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas to Cruz Bay, St. John.
- Visitors may also travel to Puerto Rico and the British Virgin Islands from St. Thomas by ferry.
- Seasonal ferry service (November – May) is available between downtown Charlotte Amalie and Gallows Bay, St. Croix via V.I. Fast Ferry. The V.I. Fast Ferry’s “Salacia” is a 600-passenger ferry with a ride time of approximately: 1 hour & 15 minutes.
- Sapphire Beach – Closest beach to our condo. Just a 3 minute walk!
- Coki Beach & Coral World Ocean Park Sea lion Map It
- Smith Bay Beach – Lindquist Beach
- Vessup Beach
- Secret Harbor
- Bolongo Bay Beach
- Limetree Beach
- Hull Bay beach
- Magenès Bay Beach
- To view more information on the many beaches of St.Thomas including Magen’s Bay (voted one of the 10 beast beaches in the world) visit St.Thomas Beach Guide.
St.Thomas Attractions & Cultural & Historical Sights
- Blackbeard’s Castle
- Hassel Island
- Historic Walking Tour of Downtown
- Safari Bus Island Tours
- St.Thomas Attraction Guide